SCANeR™ Simulation Engine
SCANeR™studio is a complete software tool meeting all the challenges of driving simulation. Far from being a “black box” tool, it is a genuine modular simulation platform, flexible, expendable and open, meeting the needs of researchers and engineers.
Its main modules are:
- Models: Dynamic Vehicle, Autonomous Traffic, Pedestrians, Scripting,
- Feedback : Visual, Sound, Dynamic Platform,
- Acquisitions : Virtual or Real Pilot, tracking systems , physiological data.
The guiding principle for SCANeR is to support the operational processes of driving simulators, structured around five dedicated graphical modes:
- TERRAIN MODE: Road network creator RoadXML allowing the rapid creation of realistic road networks-useable directly in the simulation,
- VEHICLE MODE: Tool for the fine-tuning and study of dynamic models,
- SCENARIO MODE: Driving Simulator scenario editing tool,
- SIMULATION MODE: Simulation supervision tool,
- ANALYSIS MODE: Detailed Graphical Analysis tool.
Derived from SCANeR™studio technolgy, SCANeR™DT is a dedicated solution for training simulator manufacturers for any type of vehicle solution:
- Light vehicles
- Transit and emergency vehicles
With the power of SCANeR ™ studio, it allows to create high fidelity simulators. It includes more specific functions for creating training simulators such as :
- Student and assessment results management,
- Simplified graphical interface for self training,
- Centralized monitoring tool for several simulators.
The software is provided as an SDK for the integrator and is available in volume as "runtime" for deployments with end customers. A set of training modules is available to support integrators when starting their simulator training project.